What is the Ready for K Alliance?
The Ready For K Alliance is aligned with the Louisville Promise Initiative to improve the quality and access to early care and education programs. It is a partnership of leaders from local education, business, philanthropy, social and health sectors, and government entities working together to effect dramatic improvement in the kindergarten readiness for Louisville-area children age 0-5.
Ready for K Alliance is committed to developing a collaborative network of early care and education providers, partners, and other key stakeholders to provide a seamless system of support for children ages birth to kindergarten entry via evidence-based best practices in the areas of access, quality, engagement and transitioning into kindergarten.
- Engaging Families: The Ready for K Alliance recognizes that families are assets and a child’s first teacher, therefore it is essential to meet families, ‘where they are’.
- Placing Priorities: The Ready for K Alliance places a priority on programs and initiatives that are evidence-based, data-driven and developmentally appropriate.
- Ensuring High Quality: The Ready for K Alliance partners are dedicated to leveraging and enhancing high quality programs already serving our community’s children and families.
- Investing Early: The Ready for K Alliance believes that to succeed in reaching its goals, we need to amplify community understanding about the benefits of investing early and inspire support for increasing kindergarten readiness for all children.
- Access & Quality: Working to increase the quality of and access to early care and education programs.
- Engagement: By increasing parents’ and caregivers’ knowledge of and involvement in helping their children become ready for kindergarten.
- Transitioning: Working to create shared understanding and ownership of kindergarten readiness to ensure partnerships between community, families and schools so that children smoothly transition to school.