What is the Ready for K Alliance?
The Ready For K Alliance is aligned with the Evolve 502 initiative to improve the quality and access to early care and education programs. It is a partnership of leaders from local education, business, philanthropy, social and health sectors, and government entities working together to effect dramatic improvement in the kindergarten readiness for Louisville-area children age 0-5.
Ready for K Alliance is committed to developing a collaborative network of early care and education providers, partners, and other key stakeholders to provide a seamless system of support for children ages birth to kindergarten entry via evidence-based best practices in the areas of access, quality, engagement and transitioning into kindergarten.
- Families are assets and a child’s first teacher
- Early Childhood Educators are lifelong learners and need to be afforded the opportunity to continuously learn and grow
- Programs, schools, and the community need to meet families ‘where they are’
- Projects and programs must be evidence-based, culturally and linguistically responsive, and developmentally appropriate
- Partners are dedicated to using data and leveraging existing services to enhance services for children and families
- Increase community understanding about the benefits of investing in early childhood development
- Access & Quality: Working to increase the quality of and access to early care and education programs.
- Engagement: By increasing parents’ and caregivers’ knowledge of and involvement in helping their children become ready for kindergarten.
- Transitioning: Working to create shared understanding and ownership of kindergarten readiness to ensure partnerships between community, families and schools so that children smoothly transition to school.
View Word of the Week videos explaining a new word and giving suggestions on how to practice them with children! Check back often—a new word is introduced each week by Say & Play with Words!